We’re looking for a Design Engineer!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a very well established and progressive independent specialist safety equipment manufacturer, producing fall and load arrest equipment.
- The purpose of this role is to bring innovative design and development skills for new and existing products to the business.
- Will be required to develop design concepts, undertake research, create detailed drawings and modelling of final designs.
- Full preparation of product technical files, along with specific quality control documents/procedures, assembly documents/procedures, and product renders/images for marketing purposes.
- Liaise with the auditing and testing houses to get products fit for manufacture/market.
- Working to the relevant European & British standards and work on bespoke projects with a very short lead time from brief to manufacture.
- Liaison with internal production departments from concept to delivery, following the quality procedures to ensure correct product quality standard is achieved.
In addition to the above scope, it would be advantageous if the candidate has:
- Experience in CAD Design Engineering software, in particular Autodesk Inventor and the associated FEA system Nastran.
- Knowledge and experience of safety equipment manufacturing, specifically fall and load arrest equipment, but this is not essential.
- Good interpersonal skills to successfully liaise with colleagues at all levels throughout the organisation.
- The ability to recognise potential quality issues through production and indicate these to the supervisors.
- Experience with creating reports to outline production pitfalls would also be a distinct advantage as well as experience with creating bills of materials.
- Understanding of the need to record time and expenditure against projects.
- Extensively used Microsoft Office/similar programs.
We will launch our new davit at this year's Liftex, Milton Keynes, 14-15th November, where we will exhibit our extensive range of products for confined space access & rescue, working at height, and load arrest.
Stuart Raby, our Business Development Manager, has this to say:
“We’re really excited to be taking part in LEEA’s flagship event. Globestock have not exhibited at Liftex before, so we’re especially looking forward to it. This is a great opportunity for industry professionals to get to know us a little better and have a closer look at our products, from bestsellers to exciting new launches”.
Alongside our established range of highly-regarded safety equipment, Liftex 2018 coincides with the launch of new products for Globestock. Stuart elaborates:
“As well as bringing along the range of trusted, dependable products that we’re recognised for, we’re going to be showcasing our smart new, British-manufactured, G.Davit and accompanying bases; a two-person davit system that is certified for lifting both personnel and loads.
It’s great to be able to finally share Globestock’s new davit with the industry. We’re very proud of our British-made equipment, so we’re inviting everybody at the show to swing by the stand to find out more.”
Our team will be welcoming visitors on stand B6 throughout the course of the event. In the meantime, you can get in touch on +44 (0) 1691 654 966 / email@example.com.
We are pleased to announce the launch of our eagerly awaited, British-designed and made, G.Davit.
The G.Davit is a lightweight EN795 + TS16415 anchorage device for confined space access and working at height situations, for lifting personnel or loads.
This exciting new davit system has been designed to be safer and simpler to use than current models on the market. One way that this is achieved is by enabling both the winch and the retrieval block to be mounted on the same side of the mast, keeping the operator away from the edge.
Here’s what Viv Lewis, General Manager of Globestock, has to say about the latest addition to the range:
“We’ve spent decades designing and manufacturing quality safety equipment, and further developing our expertise in the industry. Over time we noticed a gap in the market for a British-made davit anchor system that is rated for both personnel and loads, which can be used by more than one person at the same time. So, we set our accomplished Design and Development team the task of engineering one.”
The G.Davit may be used as an anchor by more than one person simultaneously, providing the MWL is not exceeded, and is rated for both personnel (200kg) and load lifting (250kg).
It has been designed by our in-house D&D department and is manufactured at our engineering facility near the Welsh border. Click here for more information.
Viv goes on to say:
“A key feature of the G.Davit’s design is that it allows a rescue device to be located on the same side of the mast as the operator, giving easy access to the rescue equipment if called upon, without risk of the operator becoming unbalanced.
We also gave a lot of attention to the cable routing, designing a system that keeps cable away from the lifting area. As well as all this, the davit had to be adaptable, light and portable, and easy to assemble without tools.
The end result is a product that we are extremely proud of, and we are confident you will be too.”
For further information please get in touch.