In light of yesterday’s Government announcement (23/03/20), Globestock Ltd are bringing forward a temporary shutdown with immediate effect. This means all business activities are suspended, including any outstanding orders or deliveries.
We had planned to continue operating until next week, with the intention of giving our customers adequate notice and the chance to prepare for our temporary closure. However, to comply with the changes to Government guidelines issued on 23/03/20, we have no option but to pause all of our activities immediately. We apologise for any confusion caused in what is a rapidly changing landscape.
Please be assured we have not taken the decision lightly. We are confident that this temporary measure is the best way to protect our employees, customers and the future of the company, as well as ensuring we act responsibly in helping control the spread of the virus.
Our usual phone number, 01691 654 966, will remain available for emergency calls during this period. We will keep you informed as to any changes and let you know as soon as we are operational again.
We would like to thank all customers for their support and understanding during these turbulent times. We wish you all the best for your health and business and will be in touch in the coming weeks.
We look forward to resuming business as usual as early as is feasible.
Correct on 11/03/20:
Globestock Business Continuity Plan in respect of COVID-19 Virus Outbreak
Purpose and Scope of this Plan
Unplanned events can have a devastating effect on any business. It is essential for the purposes of continuity, and to uphold our ability to deliver our goods, services and meet our customers’ expectations, that we plan and make allowances for events which may be out of our direct control.
This abridged version of the Globestock Business Continuity plan has been developed in response to the ongoing COVID-19, or Corona Virus outbreak.
Authority of this Plan
Director and Senior Management Team (SMT) take full authority of this plan in the event of an emergency. The plan covers all employees and will be followed comprehensively.
Plan and Actions
The principles of this plan are already being put into practice in accordance with wider recommendations in respect of the COVID-19 outbreak. Official NHS information can be found here:
In line with this, the following actions are, and will be, adhered to in the workplace:
• Symptoms of COVID-19 are communicated to staff via e-mail, toolbox talks and memos in order to raise awareness.
• Good hygiene is paramount, with staff, customers, suppliers and visitors reminded by notices and encouraged verbally, to wash hands and maintain limited levels of personal contact.
• Employees who feel ill and are concerned should call 111. If they are told to self-isolate then they should stay at home/away from work and public places.
• Members of the SMT will request that an employee calls 111 and/or leaves the workplace if obvious signs of COVID-19 symptoms are displayed. This is for the overall benefit of all staff and to stop the virus spreading in the workplace.
In the event that staffing levels are affected to the extent that delivery of goods or services may start to be impacted, then:
• Businesses may recruit agency staff (DBS checked where applicable) as a short-term measure in order to ensure that contractual obligations could be fulfilled.
• Any members of staff may be redeployed to production/service delivery/administration roles, in order to ensure continuity of key tasks.
• Businesses will communicate with customers and suppliers immediately, should delays or interruptions become likely.
Join us at the Executive Hire Show 2020 for the prototype unveiling of the G.Tripod 230!
The G.Tripod 230 is a confined space tripod that has been designed specifically for the hire industry; a two-person, three-pulley tripod system that is certified for lifting both personnel (200kg MWL) and loads (400kg MWL).
Stuart Raby, Globestock’s Business Development Manager, had this to say:
“We’re really excited to be taking part in the Executive Hire Show in Coventry. Globestock have not exhibited at the show before, so we’re especially looking forward to it. This is a great opportunity for hire companies to get to know us a little better and have a closer look at our products, from bestsellers to exciting new prototypes”.
The show coincides with the development of new products for Globestock. Stuart elaborates:
“As well as bringing along the range of trusted, dependable products that we’re recognised for, we’re going to be showcasing our smart new, British-manufactured, G.Tripod 230.
It’s great to be able to finally share Globestock’s new tripod with the industry, which will be deployed on hire fleets later this year. We’re very proud of our British-made equipment, so we’re inviting everybody at the show to swing by the stand to find out more.”
In addition to the G.Tripod 230 prototype, Globestock will be exhibiting their davit, winch and fall arrester products.
Globestock will be welcoming visitors on stand K8 throughout the course of the event.
Register to attend here.
An exciting opportunity to join a very well established and progressive independent specialist safety equipment manufacturer, producing confined space equipment, fall and load arrest devices.
- The purpose of this role is to bring innovative design and development skills for new and existing products to the business.
- Will be required to develop design concepts, undertake research, create detailed drawings and modelling of final designs.
- Full preparation of product technical files, along with specific quality control documents/procedures, assembly documents/procedures, and product renders/images for marketing purposes.
- Liaise with the auditing and testing houses to get products fit for manufacture/market.
- Working to the relevant European & British standards and work on bespoke projects with a very short lead time from brief to manufacture.
- Liaison with internal production departments from concept to delivery, following the quality procedures to ensure correct product quality standard is achieved.
In addition to the above scope, it would be advantageous if the candidate has:
- Experience in CAD Design Engineering software, in particular Autodesk Inventor and the associated FEA system Nastran.
- Knowledge and experience of safety equipment manufacturing, specifically fall and load arrest equipment, but this is not essential.
- Good interpersonal skills to successfully liaise with colleagues at all levels throughout the organisation.
- The ability to recognise potential quality issues through production and indicate these to the supervisors.
- Experience with creating reports to outline production pitfalls would also be a distinct advantage as well as experience with creating bills of materials.
- Understanding of the need to record time and expenditure against projects.
- Extensively used Microsoft Office/similar programs.
Full time role.