Globestock celebrates a significant milestone in 2022, 40 years since its incorporation in 1982.
That’s four decades of design, engineering, manufacturing, and supplying high-quality solutions for confined space access, working at height, and load arrest. Throughout its 40-year history, Globestock has been based in the market town of Oswestry, taking immense pride of its British manufacturing heritage; engineering market-leading products.
Since 1982, the company has been growing from strength to strength. The growth is highlighted by the recent partnership with Xtirpa, whereby Globestock became a major distributor of Xtirpa’s superb range of made-in-Canada products. This collaboration exceedingly advanced and expanded Globestock’s equipment offering, whilst continuing to maintain the highest standards they are renowned for.
Privileged to be centrally positioned to serve the UK, over the last 40 years Globestock have drawn in expertise from the West Midlands and Mid Wales regions, resulting in an outstanding team of people. Globestock boasts an in-house design and development department, CNC machines, bespoke testing and training facilities, not to mention the fantastic manufacturing capabilities, all in the same building.
Globestock clearly remain committed to assuring uncompromising quality and rigorous attention to detail in everything they do, delivering unsurpassed user confidence in the equipment and, ultimately, saving lives.
Patrick Evans, Managing Director of Globestock for the past 24 years, comments:
“As we celebrate 40 years of incorporation, we have immensely enjoyed reflecting upon the many achievements we’ve made, and we look forward to the future. Over the years, we’ve seen huge progression and development, but one thing remains the same – the value of our British manufacturing heritage and the expertise of our dedicated colleagues. Happy birthday Globestock!”
Looking ahead, Globestock have exciting projects already underway that promise to deliver further progress and growth; a rebrand and relaunch of their Guard load arrest devices, and further expansion into the European and North American markets. Many new products, such as a Leading Edge fall arrest block and alternative rope material options are also in the pipeline. There’s a lot to watch out for at Globestock!
Attention service agents! Updated versions of Globestock’s service manuals were published at the end of 2021. The current versions are available in your Service Agent Area.
If you have not already done so, please replace all out-of-date copies (either printed or electronic) with the current versions and familiarise yourself with them to ensure you have the most up to date information. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or require more information.
As part of the upgrade we are required to change the type of connector that is fitted to the end of the product’s rope. Currently, a twist lock karabiner is utilised. However, this will soon be changed to a snap-hook style connector, with locking gate. The new style connectors will also be certified to EN362 and feature a load indicator. Please see the below images for illustration.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
As previously notified, from today (01/04/22), all servicing of Globestock PPE products will only be undertaken by Globestock-approved service agents; we are herewith unable to accept PPE units for servicing at our manufacturing premises in Oswestry.
For any affected units we receive, the sender will be contacted to arrange collection of the units so they may be redirected to your chosen service agent.
At this time, the change does not relate to G.Guard load arrestors, which we will continue to service.
View approved service agents here.
Here at Globestock, our design team are constantly striving to enhance the quality, durability and usability of our existing product range.
This notice is to inform you of a pending change to the way that our G.Saver and G.Stop products are manufactured and serviced.
- With effect from 07/02/2022, we are changing the material from which we manufacture our brake discs (product codes 507-28 & 507-29).
- As a result of this change, our brake discs will be changing in colour from green to black. This will help you differentiate them.
- All G.Stop and G.Saver products manufactured on or after 07/02/2022 will contain brake discs manufactured from the new material.
- All brake discs purchased on spares order from 07/02/2022 will be manufactured form the new material.
- You can continue to use your existing stock of brake discs manufactured from the old material, but these must be fitted according to the original torque settings (click for details).
- Brake discs manufactured from the new material can be used to replace brake discs manufactured from the old material, but these must be fitted according to the updated torque settings (click for details).
- Brake discs must only be changed in pairs. Never use brake discs of differing material in the same unit.
- All testing procedures remain the same.
Please contact us if you have any question about this notice.