Synthetic Rope Available for the SAVER
Following the successful release of the new SAVER fall arrester, we're excited to announce that the new SAVER is now available with a synthetic lifeline.
The new GSE414P model follows the same construction and function of the popular SAVER fall arrester range, but is fitted with a high performance HMPE fibre lifeline. A 30m version will also become available over the coming months.
Using synthetic ropes for fall arrest systems can offer several benefits compared to traditional materials like steel cables. Here are some advantages of using a SAVER with synthetic rope:
- Lightweight: Synthetic ropes are significantly lighter than steel cables, making them easier to handle and transport. The SAVER’s low stretch synthetic rope material is up to 70% stronger than the current steel wire lifeline that is found in the wire rope models, with less than half the density. This makes the product up to 2.5 kg lighter. This can reduce the overall weight of the fall arrest system, making it easier for workers to handle and install.
- Energy Absorption: Synthetic ropes have some inherent elasticity, which means they can absorb energy in the event of a fall. This energy absorption helps to reduce the impact force on the worker’s body, lowering the risk of injury.
- Corrosion Resistance: Unlike steel cables, synthetic ropes are not susceptible to rust or corrosion. This is particularly advantageous in outdoor and harsh environments where exposure to moisture, chemicals, or salt can degrade traditional materials over time.
- Improved Handling: Synthetic ropes are generally easier to handle than steel cables. They are less prone to causing hand injuries due to fraying or sharp edges.
- Maintenance: Synthetic lifelines are less likely to permanently split, deform or kink in the way metal lifelines sometimes do, which can reduce downtime and servicing costs.
- Reduce Electrocution Risk: This new product variant was specifically requested by several customers who work with energised, electrical networks. Switching to a synthetic lifeline helps to mitigate the risk of the conduction of electricity through the lifeline.
Our synthetic lifelines are manufactured from highest grade rope, which is lined with a specialist coating that provides an increased level of abrasion resistance, prolonging the lifespan of the rope. Globestock’s synthetic lifelines also boast superior UV resistance compared to other synthetic materials. All terminations are professionally spliced, whipped, and coated to ensure long term quality.
The specific choice between synthetic ropes and other materials will depend on the nature of the work, the environment, and the potential hazards involved.
The all-new SAVER is available now.